The building by Harold of a hunting lodge for King Edward at Portskewet, on the Severn estuary south-west of Chepstow, and its destruction by Caradog ap Gruffydd, son of Gruffydd ap Rhydderch, the king of Deheubarth, is recorded by John of Worcester under the year 1065 - The Chronicle of John of Worcester II, ed. R.R. Darlington and P. McGurk, trans. P. McGurk and J. Bray (Oxford, 1995), 82-3.